Ah I've been so excited for today because I finally get to share this recipe with you all! I'll be the first to say I'm not always the biggest fan of gazpacho! (not all gazpachos are raw) I've had some pretty amazing ones and then some pretty awful ones. I've made a few I liked and a few I've thrown away but this one certainly blows all the other ones out of the water! It's soooooo refreshing with a hint of spicy and I loved throwing chopped up veggies in the finished product to add some texture. I've eaten this at breakfast and randomly through out the day.
What you'll need:
- 4 cups chopped roma tomatoes. (I think roma have better flavor than steak)
- 2 cups skinned cucumber
- 1 bell cut bell pepper. ( I used Yellow)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 clove garlic, (cut into a few pieces before blending)
- a sliver of a habanero pepper. Start with a sliver and you can always add more to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cold pressed olive oil
- the juice of half a lemon
- a pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Corn ( they were out when I went shopping but I would definitely pick this up!)
- & whatever else sounds amazing!
- Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a blender and begin blending. Drizzle in two teapoons of olive oil. Try to blend enough that your soup is smooth. Place is fridge and serve cold. I placed mine in the freezer at first because I wanted to eat it right away and wanted it extra cold!
This is a perfect lunch dish or started to a meal. Or if your pregnant your baby might want it in the morning for breakfast! ;)