Coconut Cream Pie
Okay you guys, let's talk coconut. I love me a good coconut and I usually don't mind taking the time to crack them open and harvest all of its goodies. But lately I just haven't had the energy so I discovered coconut meat in the freezer section in Whole Foods and its packaged in Colorado and raw!
So even tho I'm craving all things fall and your probably thinking I'm a hypocrite with coconut BUT this coconut cream pie shake/smoothie/thing is savory and smoothe and delicious and I really believe you NEED it in your lives.
- 1 cup fresh/frozen coconut meat.
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk ( I used orginal not unsweetened or vanilla)
- 1 or 2 Frozen bananas.
- 1 tsp. pure vamilla extract (please do yourself a favor and NEVER use artificial vanilla)
- some sort of granola or graham cracker crumbs *Bonus if they are vegan
- 1 tbsp. coconut flakes.
- and a big squeeze of honey or agave. and ice cubes if you want it extra cold!
combine all ingredients except granola and coconut flakes. Once all blended layer granola and coconut flakes like a parfait. If you want to get crazy top with sliced bananas and ENJOY. After all is combined I place mine in the freezer for a bit because I'm crazy and like things extra cold.